Agim Hoxha murder jury shown CCTV of suspect Arben Lleshi
5:09pm Thursday 24th January 2013
A VIDEO showing an alleged killer just hours after he is said to have murdered a Southampton man and torched his body in a car has been shown to jurors.
Footage of Arben Lleshi leaving the flat where he allegedly killed Agim Hoxha was shown on TV screens at Winchester Crown Court.
The video was captured on a camera system installed inside all Southampton City Council taxis at the time of the killing last April, the court heard.
Prosecutor Nicholas Haggan described to the jury how Arben could be seen getting into the back of the taxi, which had been ordered by his co-accused Afrim Lleshi on his mobile phone.
The taxi had collected Arben, 25, from outside flat 283 Shirley Road, where he got inside carrying a large black plastic bag.
He was dropped off about ten minutes later at his home above a kebab shop in Onslow Road in Southampton city centre.
The prosecution claim that less than two hours earlier, Arben had deliberately set fire to Mr Hoxha’s silver Mercedes, which had been abandoned on a verge in Chilworth Drove with his body slumped behind the front seats.
The victim’s charred remains were found by police and firefighters at 1.15am.
Arben Lleshi and Afrim Lleshi, 36, both deny murder.
Arben denies a charge of perverting the course of justice by moving Mr Hoxha’s body to Chilworth, setting it alight and cleaning the scene of the crime.
Afrim pleaded guilty to that charge before the trial began.
- The Champagne Killer jailed for 32 years
- Jailed for 32 years for body-in-the-car murder
- Murder jury allowed to return majority verdict
- Justice has been done, say murder victim's family
- Drug dealers 'have a right to life like everyone else' says judge
- Murder trial jury still out
- Guilty - Arben Lleshi guilty of body-in-the-car murder
- Alleged murderer 'feared for son's safety'