Detectives question suspect after double stabbing

Detectives question man after double stabbing in Southampton

Detectives question man after double stabbing in Southampton

by Ed Stilliard , Senior Reporter Updated on in News

A 20-year-old man remains in custody this morning after being arrested last night on suspicion of stabbing two students in Southampton.

The man, who is from the Luton area, was being questioned by detectives at Southampton Central police station on suspicion of causing grevious bodily harm.

As previously reported ememrgency services were called to the Sir Sidney Kimber halls of residence at the Southampton Solent Univerity campus at 3pm yesterday, following reports of a double stabbing.

Students living on campus reported seeing at least one man covered in blood.

Paramedics treated two men aged 18 and 23 for stab wounds.

One suffered an injury to his chest, the other to his abdomen. Both were taken to Southampton General Hospital where one was later discharged. The second man was said to require surgery to a non-life threatening injury.

Police launched a manhunt for the knifeman who left the weapon at the scene. A suspect was arrested in Winchester yesterday evening.

A Southampton Solent University spokesperson said: “Our concerns at this time are for the two injured students, who we trust will make swift and full recoveries.”

Most read

People who read this also read

Comments

10:22am Thu 21 Feb 13 SotonLad says…

Drugs debt?

  • Score: 0
Comments are closed on this article