Sun, 20th Apr 2014

Echo Sport

Rickie Lambert wants to prove to Roy Hodgson that he is worth being called up for England squad

By Gordon Simpson

8:08am Monday 4th February 2013

Rickie's England dream

Rickie Lambert is vowing to prove to Roy Hodgson he is good enough for a place in the England squad.

The striker converted his 11th goal of the season in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Wigan, once again making him the joint top English scorer in the Premier League.

Lambert was overlooked by national team manager Hodgson last week when he selected the squad for Wednesday’s friendly against Brazil at Wembley.

When asked if he was disappointed, the forward said: “I was actually. I’m not saying I was expecting it – I wasn’t expecting it. But I was hoping.”

Hodgson named five strikers for the Brazil game, but that was down to four last night as Spurs’ Jermain Defoe was withdrawn after suffering an ankle injury at West Bromwich Albion.

That left Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge and Theo Walcott as Hodgson’s fit strikers, and the manager had not announced who, if anyone, would replace Defoe.

In addition, Sturridge was injured playing for Liverpool yesterday and will almost certainly be ruled out as well.

Andy Carroll could be a contender after marking his return from a nine-week injury absence with West Ham’s winner against Swansea at the weekend.

If a call-up does ever come, Lambert hopes it is not based purely on the form he has shown this season – but because Hodgson believes he is a talented enough player to warrant a selection.

He said: “It wasn’t to be, but hopefully I can show until the end of the season that I am good enough.

“Not just that I deserve a chance, but that I am good enough.

“If it comes it comes, if it doesn’t it doesn’t.

“Obviously, I’m just going to try and help Southampton, try and score goals and try and push Southampton up the league.

“I’m not going to focus on the England squad too much, but, like I said, I am hoping I can get a chance.

“But I’m not going to dwell too much on it, because my priority is Southampton.”

Lambert turns 31 later this month, and with Hodgson looking to introduce some younger players into the national set-up, there has been a suggestion that the striker’s age could have counted against him.

However, the prolific front man does not believe that it is a barrier stopping him from representing his country.

“I don’t think my age is a hindrance,” he said. “I’ve just got to try and prove to him that I’m good enough.

“I don’t want to really get a chance just because I deserve it, but because he thinks I’m good enough as well, and that’s what I have to try and prove.

“I’ve got quite a lot of games left to try and prove it.”

Lambert also received the backing of Reading striker Adam Le Fondre, another free-scoring Englishman, who has bagged ten league goals this term.

“He’s a quality player, Rickie,” said the 26-year-old yesterday. “I was surprised actually that he wasn't in the England squad.

“He’s a really good player, he’s done a lot of hard work and come through the leagues like myself.

“He’s got a rocket right foot, and he’s brilliant with his head as well.

“He is a top-class player and I am honestly surprised that he wasn’t in the England squad.”

Comments(140)

Comments(140)

Builder-Saint says...
8:23am Mon 4 Feb 13

Ricky Lambert.....the England goal machine!
Mmmm has a nice ring to it.

Hobson82 says...
8:29am Mon 4 Feb 13

If Rickie was under 30 then I'm sure he would have been picked already. Roy is looking to build a squad for the World Cup next year, Rickie will be 32 then.
It's harsh because his performances deserve an England call-up.

OSPREYSAINT says...
8:35am Mon 4 Feb 13

It's Rickie not Ricky! As we all know that he plays for Southampton and that is automatic disqualification for playing for England.

Puddletown Saint says...
8:41am Mon 4 Feb 13

He also has talent which bars him from being called up as well !!!!

OSPREYSAINT says...
8:47am Mon 4 Feb 13

Clyne and Ramirez have both been withdrawn from their International duties, I assume both picked up knocks at Wigan, just hope they are fit for the week-end.

malcher says...
8:54am Mon 4 Feb 13

You don't get picked for England just as a reward for being a good player. You also need to be the type of player that will fit into the teams system.
Obviously England have decided on a system that doesn't score goals!!!!!!

SaffaSaint says...
9:03am Mon 4 Feb 13

I hope Rickie doesn't get picked for England, Saints is far more important.

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
9:09am Mon 4 Feb 13

DIX

Tirau Dan says...
9:10am Mon 4 Feb 13

you know it we know it everyone knows it SFC is not yet a fashionable club. When we brush aside the plastic clubs at the top and we are playing in the Champions League they'll come begging Meanwhile little chance of any change in the old same old same old England rubbish.

St Graz says...
9:17am Mon 4 Feb 13

If Roy calls Carrol up over Rickie AND/OR Le Fondre then there really is no justice! Would like it for Rickie - he deserves it, we can't we too selfish but it woud be a nervous watch! Also chance to frighten the lfe out of the QPR keeper!!

SaintinCanada says...
9:21am Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
DIX
........jours jusque-a la prochaine meme-chose.

OSPREYSAINT says...
9:27am Mon 4 Feb 13

SaintinCanada wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
DIX
........jours jusque-a la prochaine meme-chose.
Le plus tôt sera le mieux

pompey in spain says...
10:10am Mon 4 Feb 13

you lot are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Retford says...
10:16am Mon 4 Feb 13

Sacre bleu!

batesieboy says...
10:21am Mon 4 Feb 13

C'est seulement un brouhaha ici. Or something like that.

St Retford says...
10:26am Mon 4 Feb 13

Le singe est dans l'arbre.

pompey in spain says...
10:29am Mon 4 Feb 13

ave vous been aving a go at wigan woman and 3 year old kids!!!!! monge tout crem de menth CONOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAST BITS SPANISH!

St Retford says...
10:31am Mon 4 Feb 13

WDPK 83.7 - the sound of tomorrow,
the music of today brings you exclusively Daft Punk's Homework.

St Graz says...
10:40am Mon 4 Feb 13

Saints fan in peace - I appear to have stumbled on the Alain Pardieu forum! COYR!

Confucious says...
10:45am Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
SaintinCanada wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
DIX
........jours jusque-a la prochaine meme-chose.
Le plus tôt sera le mieux
J'agree. Rickie enfant terrible petit four haute cuisine merci beaucoup raison detre. A la carte bon appetit aid memoire cause celebre au contraire. Cordon blue creme caramel fait accompli carte blanch nom deplume silvous plait sacre bleu.

Off now to service my coup de grace (ie lawn mower).

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
10:46am Mon 4 Feb 13

la skunt de ma tante

forever a saint says...
11:00am Mon 4 Feb 13

While Rickie does deserve an England call up i feel he will be treated like le tissier.Our club is great for our young talent to be bought by "bigger" clubs who then get called up to play for our country BUT as long as you play for Southampton you are overlooked.The England team is full of Prima Dona Individuals who will win NOTHING.Personally i dont follow England just my beloved SAINTS so i would dislike it if SRL played his socks off for England and get injured then premiership survival would be hampered or he has a great game for England feels he will get called up again BUT NEVER WILL !! Saints first always..

COYS

Red n White says...
11:05am Mon 4 Feb 13

I suggested last year we should have taken a punt on Le fondre, what a strikeforce that could have been.
I expect if Roy does pick a replacement striker he'll go with Carroll, even though he's been out for 9 weeks. Out of the original strikers picked, I can't see one of them having the ability or strength to hold up the ball (except Rooney) or win any headers.
Good to see some positive articles from the Echo this week. Keep it up!

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
11:06am Mon 4 Feb 13

c'est skunt est merde un neauveux si vous plais

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
11:16am Mon 4 Feb 13

les skunts toujours perdu la football:

LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL

Five Trophies Between Us says...
11:20am Mon 4 Feb 13

Le gros garçon ne jouera jamais pour l'Angleterre alors qu'il joue pour les chaises longues. il a besoin de passer à un plus grand club

Five Trophies Between Us says...
11:22am Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
les skunts toujours perdu la football: LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Les chaises longues ne gagne jamais rien substantielle

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
11:26am Mon 4 Feb 13

Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
les skunts toujours perdu la football: LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Les chaises longues ne gagne jamais rien substantielle
bon dieu c'est cinq trophées entre nous!

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
11:28am Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
les skunts toujours perdu la football: LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Les chaises longues ne gagne jamais rien substantielle
bon dieu c'est cinq trophées entre nous!
il est un peu d'un branleur est croisés avec sa sœur et sa mère

OSPREYSAINT says...
11:33am Mon 4 Feb 13

Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Le gros garçon ne jouera jamais pour l'Angleterre alors qu'il joue pour les chaises longues. il a besoin de passer à un plus grand club
Dieu merci, nous sommes différents

Five Trophies Between Us says...
11:34am Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote: les skunts toujours perdu la football: LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Les chaises longues ne gagne jamais rien substantielle
bon dieu c'est cinq trophées entre nous!
il est un peu d'un branleur est croisés avec sa sœur et sa mère
Je n'ai pas de sœur. Peut-être que c'était votre sœur

OSPREYSAINT says...
11:42am Mon 4 Feb 13

Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote: les skunts toujours perdu la football: LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Les chaises longues ne gagne jamais rien substantielle
bon dieu c'est cinq trophées entre nous!
il est un peu d'un branleur est croisés avec sa sœur et sa mère
Je n'ai pas de sœur. Peut-être que c'était votre sœur
La meilleure chose à sortir de Portsmouth est le Havre Ferry

Nemesisaint says...
11:43am Mon 4 Feb 13

I think the point of this thread is being lost in the translation!

Five Trophies Between Us says...
11:50am Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote: les skunts toujours perdu la football: LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Les chaises longues ne gagne jamais rien substantielle
bon dieu c'est cinq trophées entre nous!
il est un peu d'un branleur est croisés avec sa sœur et sa mère
Je n'ai pas de sœur. Peut-être que c'était votre sœur
La meilleure chose à sortir de Portsmouth est le Havre Ferry
la meilleure chose à quitter Southampton est l'autoroute m3

Sainty saint saint says...
11:53am Mon 4 Feb 13

Let's all speak French!

OSPREYSAINT says...
11:53am Mon 4 Feb 13

Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Five Trophies Between Us wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote: les skunts toujours perdu la football: LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL
Les chaises longues ne gagne jamais rien substantielle
bon dieu c'est cinq trophées entre nous!
il est un peu d'un branleur est croisés avec sa sœur et sa mère
Je n'ai pas de sœur. Peut-être que c'était votre sœur
La meilleure chose à sortir de Portsmouth est le Havre Ferry
la meilleure chose à quitter Southampton est l'autoroute m3
Not the M27?

Baddesley Bill says...
12:01pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Ouez le patisserie? :O)

Mush On The Beach says...
12:01pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Liberté, égalité, fraternité park is falling down ........ pauvres vieux poopey

promised land says...
12:02pm Mon 4 Feb 13

pompey in spain wrote:
you lot are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL Now that's a laugh

Confucious says...
12:04pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Please all be upstanding for La Marseillaise....

Da da da da da da da dum de dum, da da da da, de dum de dum.

DAH DE DUM, DE DAH DAH DUM DAH DE DUM, DE DA DAH DUM.

Da dum, da dum, da da de dum. DA DA DA DE DE DUM TIDDLY DUM.

Strasbourg Saint says...
12:05pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
DIX
NOT pronounced 'dicks'. However, it would be more apporpriate for our neighbours from hell, non?

St Retford says...
12:10pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Well I think we've debated the tits out of this. Well done everyone.

OSPREYSAINT says...
12:10pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Confucious wrote:
Please all be upstanding for La Marseillaise....

Da da da da da da da dum de dum, da da da da, de dum de dum.

DAH DE DUM, DE DAH DAH DUM DAH DE DUM, DE DA DAH DUM.

Da dum, da dum, da da de dum. DA DA DA DE DE DUM TIDDLY DUM.
That's taking a Liberté!

SaintMax says...
12:11pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Age - thats what's stopping Rickie from being selected. Not fashionable clubs or favouratism.
by next year when the world cup in Brazil will be not far off he will want to have built a team that could compete, and Rickie will be another year too old.

It is laughable that welbeck or carroll could get in before him, as strikers are in the team to score goals and Rickie's form and record is without equal expect for Defoe..

But its just age.. However, Hodgson could do worse than taking him as a card next year.

It may also be that Hodgson cant say his name properly...?

SaintMax says...
12:12pm Mon 4 Feb 13

SaintMax wrote:
Age - thats what's stopping Rickie from being selected. Not fashionable clubs or favouratism.
by next year when the world cup in Brazil will be not far off he will want to have built a team that could compete, and Rickie will be another year too old.

It is laughable that welbeck or carroll could get in before him, as strikers are in the team to score goals and Rickie's form and record is without equal expect for Defoe..

But its just age.. However, Hodgson could do worse than taking him as a card next year.

It may also be that Hodgson cant say his name properly...?
'wild card'

Strasbourg Saint says...
12:15pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Baddesley Bill wrote:
Ouez le patisserie? :O)
Qui a mangé toutes les Ginsters?

st1halo says...
12:16pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Confucious wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
SaintinCanada wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
DIX
........jours jusque-a la prochaine meme-chose.
Le plus tôt sera le mieux
J'agree. Rickie enfant terrible petit four haute cuisine merci beaucoup raison detre. A la carte bon appetit aid memoire cause celebre au contraire. Cordon blue creme caramel fait accompli carte blanch nom deplume silvous plait sacre bleu.

Off now to service my coup de grace (ie lawn mower).
Renault Clio

Strasbourg Saint says...
12:18pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Sainty saint saint wrote:
Let's all speak French!
Mais non! J'ai une meilleure idée. Comme moi, enseigner à tous les Français de parler anglais.

problème résolu!

Clemster says...
12:25pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
It's Rickie not Ricky! As we all know that he plays for Southampton and that is automatic disqualification for playing for England.
Bridge, Shearer, Beattie?

Strasbourg Saint says...
12:26pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Confucious wrote:
Please all be upstanding for La Marseillaise....

Da da da da da da da dum de dum, da da da da, de dum de dum.

DAH DE DUM, DE DAH DAH DUM DAH DE DUM, DE DA DAH DUM.

Da dum, da dum, da da de dum. DA DA DA DE DE DUM TIDDLY DUM.
That's taking a Liberté!
Did you know that the Marseillaise was actually penned here in Strasbourg?

There's even a note on the wall telling you about it down town.

Apparently, the troops from the deep South came to the aid of the locals back in the day and one of them, while waiting to show his butch side and relieve his anger on the enemy, turned all lyrical.

So, next time someone’s chosen to write the UK Eurovision entry, pack them off to Kabul with Prince Harry.

Rob The Saint NOT in NZ says...
12:31pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Strasbourg Saint wrote:
Sainty saint saint wrote:
Let's all speak French!
Mais non! J'ai une meilleure idée. Comme moi, enseigner à tous les Français de parler anglais.

problème résolu!
J'aime le "cut of your jib".

Translate that one for les Francais!

Allez le rouge & blanc machine!

(Or something like that).

Strasbourg Saint says...
12:48pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Clemster wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
It's Rickie not Ricky! As we all know that he plays for Southampton and that is automatic disqualification for playing for England.
Bridge, Shearer, Beattie?
I tend to agree with you Clemster that the reasons are MORE than just the club a person plays for, but I think a player at a club playing in Europe has a better chance than one that isn't (such as Saints), just as a player playing in the Prem has a (far) better chance than one playing in the Championship.

My problem with your chosen three is this:
Bridge? Constantly overlooked, even when playing well while Cole had his mind on personal stuff. Remember the England match at SMS? Both started, Bridge played well ...... then got subbed as the 'scapegoat' for others being cr4p.

Shearer? Didn't get much of a look in until he moved to Blackburn. Mind you, Blackburn ffs. After all, he was head and shoulders ahead of any other CF of his day.

Beattie? If I remember correctly, he only started one game for England, didn't he? The NONE game against Australia where, Beattie and Beckham aside, the rest of the players had their minds on not getting injured and didn't perform. (Yes, Pete and Mush, we know, we know, Australia won and all that.)

SouthamptonLegend says...
1:08pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Sturridge is out too! Come on Roy!! No excuses now, call up Southampton's goal machine!!!!!

st1halo says...
1:22pm Mon 4 Feb 13

BREAKING NEWS

Chris Huhne has been appointed new PST Chairman down in Skateland.

His first job is going to be trying to get Hartlepool to take the points deduction!


HAHAHAHA


STID and loving it!

Confucious says...
1:46pm Mon 4 Feb 13

St Retford wrote:
Well I think we've debated the tits out of this. Well done everyone.
Presume you meant "debated the bloblos out of this."

Confucious says...
1:54pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
DIX
I think I detect something very Vichy in this.

rednwhite72 says...
2:38pm Mon 4 Feb 13

I agree if Roy picks carrol over Rickie then he is more of a c##t then I think he is.

rednwhite72 says...
2:41pm Mon 4 Feb 13

pompey in spain wrote:
you lot are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep every day at you and your excuse for a football club.

insane saint says...
3:03pm Mon 4 Feb 13

spot the difference

https://pbs.twimg.co
m/media/BCIO6hBCIAEj
CcS.png:large

take a peak

and laugh lots

Alicesdad says...
3:06pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Lambert has made his bid too late, he's simply too old. In any event Hodgson would be savaged by the press for picking Lambert. It wouldn't meet the long term FA "strategy" of playing a bunch of underperforming, overpaid, uncommitted hoofers with girlfriends who have the IQ of an apple tree and who's only motivation is to get more sponsorship money for wearing the weirdest colour boots.

Yup !! .. that sums it up nicely.

Alicesdad says...
3:12pm Mon 4 Feb 13

I mean no disrespect to apple trees, they produce cider, calvados and filling for apple pies, all of which I'm very fond of. My point is that if apple trees had a team on university challenge and they were up against the WAGS they would score more from dropping random fruit on the buzzers than the wags would by combining their massive intellect.

OSPREYSAINT says...
3:16pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Alicesdad wrote:
Lambert has made his bid too late, he's simply too old. In any event Hodgson would be savaged by the press for picking Lambert. It wouldn't meet the long term FA "strategy" of playing a bunch of underperforming, overpaid, uncommitted hoofers with girlfriends who have the IQ of an apple tree and who's only motivation is to get more sponsorship money for wearing the weirdest colour boots.

Yup !! .. that sums it up nicely.
Wer aß alle Pasteten es war nicht Lambo!

OSPREYSAINT says...
3:17pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Or to put it another way ¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo! "¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo!"

J7junctionseven says...
3:22pm Mon 4 Feb 13

promised land wrote:
pompey in spain wrote:
you lot are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL Now that's a laugh
Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL...
...Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

rednwhite72 says...
3:30pm Mon 4 Feb 13

J7junctionseven wrote:
promised land wrote:
pompey in spain wrote: you lot are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL Now that's a laugh
Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL... ...Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
LLLLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLL
L....KABOOM!
Even funnier...haha!

OSPREYSAINT says...
3:37pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Or to put it another way ¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo! "¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo!"
That's novel a double quote! Better to music.

Confucious says...
3:39pm Mon 4 Feb 13

I agree Rickie's been overlooked through sheer blind ageism. What should matter is how he performs and how fit he is - not how old he is. But what can you expect - it's the same prejudice that's so rife in this society and which, by suffocating the talent and experience of the older generation, is holding this country back.

The FA should sack Hodgson anyway because he's far too old to be England manager. That's the trouble with this country - there are doddery old people hanging on to all the best jobs and the young can't get a look in. The FA will be ruling next that half time will be 45 mins next so Hodgson can get a nap.

I think it's the middle-aged who are to blame for all of this. It's the middle aged whose thick uneducated kids are being allowed to ruin this country - and it's the middle aged too who seem to be incapable of standing up to their selfish parents.

Grrrr

saintkenny says...
3:42pm Mon 4 Feb 13

if you want to have a laugh go on facebook .and look at skunts away support at wigan in the premier league and the saints pic next to it your laugh your socks off .bestest ever support ha ha ha ha ha ha hilarious ha ha ha ha

saintkenny says...
3:44pm Mon 4 Feb 13

https://fbcdn-sphoto
s-h-a.akamaihd.net/h
photos-ak-prn1/72963
_361137300660725_160
3530735_n.jpg

Itchin' My Kingsland says...
3:49pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!

Churchill Saint says...
4:20pm Mon 4 Feb 13

St Retford wrote:
Le singe est dans l'arbre.
Le skunt est dans sa seour

saintlysoul says...
4:34pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Why is Lambert bothered? We all know the England set up is corrupt and unless you play for one of the big teams you're overlooked! Come on Rickie forget about Englandcand put all your talent and effort in to keeping the saints in the premier league!!!!!

saintlysoul says...
4:36pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I'd heard this what a shame. Feel sorry for the lad. Question now is will he play for saints on Saturday? If he does he could seriously blot his copy book with the FA!!!!! A potential no win situation for the lad!!!!!!

Alicesdad says...
4:37pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Confucious wrote:
I agree Rickie's been overlooked through sheer blind ageism. What should matter is how he performs and how fit he is - not how old he is. But what can you expect - it's the same prejudice that's so rife in this society and which, by suffocating the talent and experience of the older generation, is holding this country back.

The FA should sack Hodgson anyway because he's far too old to be England manager. That's the trouble with this country - there are doddery old people hanging on to all the best jobs and the young can't get a look in. The FA will be ruling next that half time will be 45 mins next so Hodgson can get a nap.

I think it's the middle-aged who are to blame for all of this. It's the middle aged whose thick uneducated kids are being allowed to ruin this country - and it's the middle aged too who seem to be incapable of standing up to their selfish parents.

Grrrr
No, its worse than that, it's rampant Southamptonism, Roy simply won't pick a player while he plays for a team that is too far south and affects his rheumatism with the damp air and bracing whiff of the sea.

It is also clear that he is applying the same rules to Luke Shaw, who has apparently dropped out of the under 21 match through injury but in fact it is really because he might make Lambo jealous thus inspiring him to score more goals in the premiership. This would make Hodgson look even more daft and is therefore totally unacceptable.

Emerging investigations also indicate that Lallana is also suffering because if Luke is too young and Lambo is too old then Lallana is at an age when the standard deviation of age, ranked with skill factors such as impact on the pitch and vocal ability in post match interviews is now becoming a further embarassment to Roy as he struggles to find a complimentary phrase that conceals the fact that he doesn't pick our players because the damp weather makes his knees ache whe he comes to see them play ...

How much longer can this be kept under wraps?

Alicesdad says...
4:40pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Something must be done !

st bevois says...
4:41pm Mon 4 Feb 13

rednwhite72 wrote:
J7junctionseven wrote:
promised land wrote:
pompey in spain wrote: you lot are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL Now that's a laugh
Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLL... ...Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
LLLLLLLLLDDDLLLLLLLL

L....KABOOM!
Even funnier...haha!
Pompey's form guide will soon be a Facebook game: you know the type - hit "like" when you spot the D amongst all of the Ls.

right back in the bar says...
4:42pm Mon 4 Feb 13

How can RL be considered too old when the world cup is next year. If it was 2/3 years out maybe i could accept age as some justification. fact is Hodgson lacks imagination and too easily succumbs to the tide of opinion that accompanies the media circus surrounding so called stars. for sure if he was playing for a so called bigger club he would have been selected - RL brings more to the party than the rest of them put together (his passing on Saturday was sublime, he links the play superbly, he's brilliant from a deadball situation and -something that escapes the limited imagination of Hogdson - he continues to improve on each and every aspect of his game). So RL joins a long list of great footballers who played for Saints who deserved but did not get (or only got limited) international recognition.

Sainty saint saint says...
4:43pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Or to put it another way ¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo! "¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo!"
Yes, well done, you've found a translation website. I applaud your powers of Google searching.

Confucious says...
4:48pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Strasbourg Saint wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Confucious wrote:
Please all be upstanding for La Marseillaise....

Da da da da da da da dum de dum, da da da da, de dum de dum.

DAH DE DUM, DE DAH DAH DUM DAH DE DUM, DE DA DAH DUM.

Da dum, da dum, da da de dum. DA DA DA DE DE DUM TIDDLY DUM.
That's taking a Liberté!
Did you know that the Marseillaise was actually penned here in Strasbourg?

There's even a note on the wall telling you about it down town.

Apparently, the troops from the deep South came to the aid of the locals back in the day and one of them, while waiting to show his butch side and relieve his anger on the enemy, turned all lyrical.

So, next time someone’s chosen to write the UK Eurovision entry, pack them off to Kabul with Prince Harry.
It all happens in Strasbourg Strasbourg! Cracking national anthem though compared to our carp one and they take it more seriously.

My Uncle Wei was chucked out of his local bar in Shanghai for f@rting rather than singing the Chinese national anthem.

But it wasn't because they thought it disrespectful to do so. He stood on the bar and took his trousers down with his @rse facing the eager audience - and then he strained really hard. Unfortunately a big spurt of sh!te came out and splattered all the onlookers - with bits going in their beer and in their rice bowls etc.

Anyhow, so he was chucked out.

My Auntie Shilin told him it was a stupid thing to do, but he said "Even Mao Tse-tung has to clear his throat before he sings."

saintkenny says...
4:50pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
Why is Lambert bothered? We all know the England set up is corrupt and unless you play for one of the big teams you're overlooked! Come on Rickie forget about Englandcand put all your talent and effort in to keeping the saints in the premier league!!!!!
from another point of view he is going to keep on doing well even more now he has been mentioned ,they said he wont score in the champioship ,trhen he wont score in the premier league .every time he proves the doubters wrong ,no doubt he will do so again ,it just seems to inspire him

OSPREYSAINT says...
4:59pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Sainty saint saint wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Or to put it another way ¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo! "¿Quién se comió todas las empanadas de carne no era Lambo!"
Yes, well done, you've found a translation website. I applaud your powers of Google searching.
It is all I can do, being the victim of one of Mrs Thatchers Incomprehensible Schools of the 1960's I only learnt English and giberish, I have never been a cunning linguist!

OSPREYSAINT says...
5:05pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.

saintkenny says...
5:12pm Mon 4 Feb 13

man city now sold out .only hospiltalty left .also live on tv there you go also

SO50 Saint says...
5:19pm Mon 4 Feb 13

So what your saying saintkenny is that we will get more fans inside the stadium in one game than Pompey had in 3 in a week.

saintkenny says...
5:28pm Mon 4 Feb 13

if city sell there seats it will be 32.000 .otherwise it will only full short .did you know for trhe walsall game in league one walsall bought 1000 down .so saints had 31.000 fans in a 3rd tier game a record for a xclub on the south coast unrivalled support .but we wont brag about being the bestest fans lol

Cpt. Kirk's illegitimate love child says...
5:35pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
la skunt de ma tante
les skunts sont tous pantalons

slugger says...
6:07pm Mon 4 Feb 13

He's far to good for England .

hamblepoint says...
6:11pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Not only is Ricky the top UK striker in the Premiership he is also the top ball player and provider. A rare talent indeed.

saintlysoul says...
6:15pm Mon 4 Feb 13

hamblepoint wrote:
Not only is Ricky the top UK striker in the Premiership he is also the top ball player and provider. A rare talent indeed.
Why do you say he's the top scorer in the Premiership?

saintlysoul says...
6:17pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Sorry Hamble UK striker my apologies!!!!!

redsnapper says...
6:18pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Why is there any interest in playing for any of the 4 home nations?

Their performances are usually awful. The 70000 who turn up at Wembley are usually football supporters without a club interest.

Very glad that most of our key players are unavailable for these joke friendlies. Brasil will rip John Terry and Co to shreds.

saintlysoul says...
6:20pm Mon 4 Feb 13

redsnapper wrote:
Why is there any interest in playing for any of the 4 home nations?

Their performances are usually awful. The 70000 who turn up at Wembley are usually football supporters without a club interest.

Very glad that most of our key players are unavailable for these joke friendlies. Brasil will rip John Terry and Co to shreds.
Excellent post!

st1halo says...
6:21pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Confucious wrote:
Strasbourg Saint wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Confucious wrote:
Please all be upstanding for La Marseillaise....

Da da da da da da da dum de dum, da da da da, de dum de dum.

DAH DE DUM, DE DAH DAH DUM DAH DE DUM, DE DA DAH DUM.

Da dum, da dum, da da de dum. DA DA DA DE DE DUM TIDDLY DUM.
That's taking a Liberté!
Did you know that the Marseillaise was actually penned here in Strasbourg?

There's even a note on the wall telling you about it down town.

Apparently, the troops from the deep South came to the aid of the locals back in the day and one of them, while waiting to show his butch side and relieve his anger on the enemy, turned all lyrical.

So, next time someone’s chosen to write the UK Eurovision entry, pack them off to Kabul with Prince Harry.
It all happens in Strasbourg Strasbourg! Cracking national anthem though compared to our carp one and they take it more seriously.

My Uncle Wei was chucked out of his local bar in Shanghai for f@rting rather than singing the Chinese national anthem.

But it wasn't because they thought it disrespectful to do so. He stood on the bar and took his trousers down with his @rse facing the eager audience - and then he strained really hard. Unfortunately a big spurt of sh!te came out and splattered all the onlookers - with bits going in their beer and in their rice bowls etc.

Anyhow, so he was chucked out.

My Auntie Shilin told him it was a stupid thing to do, but he said "Even Mao Tse-tung has to clear his throat before he sings."
Is that how Coconut Rice was invented?

slugger says...
6:25pm Mon 4 Feb 13

hamblepoint wrote:
Not only is Ricky the top UK striker in the Premiership he is also the top ball player and provider. A rare talent indeed.
He's joint English top goal scorer in the prem

slugger says...
6:27pm Mon 4 Feb 13

slugger wrote:
hamblepoint wrote:
Not only is Ricky the top UK striker in the Premiership he is also the top ball player and provider. A rare talent indeed.
He's joint English top goal scorer in the prem
LOL , that don't make sense ......... "joint top goal scoring Englishman" ? ........ you know what I mean .......COYR !

kuwait Saint says...
6:27pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Woy Hodgeson should be considering Rickie in the England squad for the next world cup. After all at least we will be guaranteed one goal in the inevitable penalty shoot out!

saintlysoul says...
6:32pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.
Definitely injury on his way back to Southampton for a medical assessment!

slugger says...
6:37pm Mon 4 Feb 13

slugger wrote:
slugger wrote:
hamblepoint wrote:
Not only is Ricky the top UK striker in the Premiership he is also the top ball player and provider. A rare talent indeed.
He's joint English top goal scorer in the prem
LOL , that don't make sense ......... "joint top goal scoring Englishman" ? ........ you know what I mean .......COYR !
Correction , it is British goal scorers .... I thought Bale had more .

OSPREYSAINT says...
6:43pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.
Definitely injury on his way back to Southampton for a medical assessment!
Oh dear, I hope it isn't too serious.We will struggle if both of our young full backs are crocked.

saintlysoul says...
6:47pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.
Definitely injury on his way back to Southampton for a medical assessment!
Oh dear, I hope it isn't too serious.We will struggle if both of our young full backs are crocked.
I agree Fox and Richardson will have to step up unless Cork is moved to right back?!

saintlysoul says...
6:48pm Mon 4 Feb 13

I saw on the web and in the Mirror today that JWP is being loaned out to Coventry anyone know anything about this?

100%Saint says...
6:52pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Rickie Lambert c'est tres bien et beaucoup de talent.

Itchin' My Kingsland says...
6:53pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.
Definitely injury on his way back to Southampton for a medical assessment!
Oh dear, I hope it isn't too serious.We will struggle if both of our young full backs are crocked.
Really hope Shaw's injury isn't serious. Him and Clyne now! Hope our other young England player (Prowsey) doesn't return injured! Luke and later JWP did well on Sat and both have their parts to play in our run in!!

saintlysoul says...
6:58pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.
Definitely injury on his way back to Southampton for a medical assessment!
Oh dear, I hope it isn't too serious.We will struggle if both of our young full backs are crocked.
Really hope Shaw's injury isn't serious. Him and Clyne now! Hope our other young England player (Prowsey) doesn't return injured! Luke and later JWP did well on Sat and both have their parts to play in our run in!!
Good post!!!!

slugger says...
7:07pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Saintlysoul , your fixation with James Ward Prowse is ever so slightly worrying.

saintlysoul says...
7:14pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?

slugger says...
7:17pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?

saintlysoul says...
7:19pm Mon 4 Feb 13

slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?

Itchin' My Kingsland says...
7:21pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
IMO not likely as Coventry are too lowly and he showed Sat he has a part to play in the run in!

Itchin' My Kingsland says...
7:21pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
IMO not likely as Coventry are too lowly and he showed Sat he has a part to play in the run in!

saintlysoul says...
7:23pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
IMO not likely as Coventry are too lowly and he showed Sat he has a part to play in the run in!
Itchen I mustn't mention *** but I agree with your post!

slugger says...
7:24pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
I'm joking ! ....... good grief ........ nope not heard a thing .

saintlysoul says...
7:27pm Mon 4 Feb 13

slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
I'm joking ! ....... good grief ........ nope not heard a thing .
Slugger I was only pulling your leg. I've actually enjoyed our exchanges now that we concentrate on football!!!! On a more important note lets hope Shaw's and Clyne's injuries aren't too serious!

slugger says...
7:37pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
I'm joking ! ....... good grief ........ nope not heard a thing .
Slugger I was only pulling your leg. I've actually enjoyed our exchanges now that we concentrate on football!!!! On a more important note lets hope Shaw's and Clyne's injuries aren't too serious!
Injuries are a fact of football , someone said to me that Shaw got injured today ?

Itchin' My Kingsland says...
7:45pm Mon 4 Feb 13

slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
I'm joking ! ....... good grief ........ nope not heard a thing .
Slugger I was only pulling your leg. I've actually enjoyed our exchanges now that we concentrate on football!!!! On a more important note lets hope Shaw's and Clyne's injuries aren't too serious!
Injuries are a fact of football , someone said to me that Shaw got injured today ?
Yeah he did. But I have a suspicion he'll be fit for Sat -timely withdrawal... Watch this space

OSPREYSAINT says...
7:45pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
Just another Red top article :- http://www.mirror.co
.uk/sport/football/t
ransfer-news/southam
pton-transfer-news-j
ames-ward-prowse-157
3189

OSPREYSAINT says...
7:49pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Matt Targett has joined the first team squad for training.

saintlysoul says...
7:59pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Matt Targett has joined the first team squad for training.
Excellent news this lad knows where the net is!!!!!!!!

saintlysoul says...
8:01pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
slugger wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
Fixation? That's an interesting word. Other words that could apply are 'interest' , 'concern', 'support', or even 'fascination' why the word 'fixation' Slugger?
Just having a smile , you mention him in 90% of your comments ........ are you his Dad ?
Why would you think that? If it worries you that much I promise not to mention him again. My explanation to Strasburg in respect of JWP explained why I mention him. One last mention of him do you know anything about him being loaned out to Coventry?
Just another Red top article :- http://www.mirror.co

.uk/sport/football/t

ransfer-news/southam

pton-transfer-news-j

ames-ward-prowse-157

3189
Thanks Osprey!

Itchin' My Kingsland says...
8:02pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Matt Targett has joined the first team squad for training.
Excellent news this lad knows where the net is!!!!!!!!
He's a left back. Probably covering training for Shaw

saintbobby says...
8:06pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Bit late in on this plea for SRL, butfor a first cap his age may be against him - shouln't, but there.

Also, we as a club have had a raw deal over the years. Terry Paine had a spasmodic selection, as did Martin Chivers, Mick Channon and the absolutely most awful of all, was how badly Matt Le Tissier was treated.

He was as skilful as any other player in the England team, more vision than the lot put together and his penalty record - well, nuff said!!

So, Ricky keep plugging away. Perhaps Roy Hodgson is a Saints' fan in disguise.

saintlysoul says...
8:09pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Matt Targett has joined the first team squad for training.
Excellent news this lad knows where the net is!!!!!!!!
He's a left back. Probably covering training for Shaw
You're right I was thinking of Ryan Seager!!!!!!!!

saintlysoul says...
8:11pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintbobby wrote:
Bit late in on this plea for SRL, butfor a first cap his age may be against him - shouln't, but there.

Also, we as a club have had a raw deal over the years. Terry Paine had a spasmodic selection, as did Martin Chivers, Mick Channon and the absolutely most awful of all, was how badly Matt Le Tissier was treated.

He was as skilful as any other player in the England team, more vision than the lot put together and his penalty record - well, nuff said!!

So, Ricky keep plugging away. Perhaps Roy Hodgson is a Saints' fan in disguise.
Insightful post. Just goes to demonstrate that football like any walk of life - if your face fits you're ok!!!!

rocketone says...
8:17pm Mon 4 Feb 13

JWP might do well to go out on loan, but only to another footballing team. Don't think Coventry are in that category, also would have thought a Championship team would be more likely.
What about the possibility of loaning youth team lads to Espanyol?

Itchin' My Kingsland says...
8:35pm Mon 4 Feb 13

rocketone wrote:
JWP might do well to go out on loan, but only to another footballing team. Don't think Coventry are in that category, also would have thought a Championship team would be more likely.
What about the possibility of loaning youth team lads to Espanyol?
I thought he made a good impact from the bench Sat. Good tenacity in shutting the Wigan player down and dispossessing him. Lallana in for Ramirez and JWP latter stages as impact!

OSPREYSAINT says...
8:40pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Matt Targett has joined the first team squad for training.
Excellent news this lad knows where the net is!!!!!!!!
He's a left back. Probably covering training for Shaw
You're right I was thinking of Ryan Seager!!!!!!!!
You are right Ryan does know where the net is! The future is bright it's red and white.

OSPREYSAINT says...
8:48pm Mon 4 Feb 13

saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.
Definitely injury on his way back to Southampton for a medical assessment!
A tweet on another site says damage to the back of his knee, no details though, you can't believe everything you read on these messages, so be cautious.

saintlysoul says...
9:03pm Mon 4 Feb 13

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
saintlysoul wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Itchin' My Kingsland wrote:
Shaw withdrawn from u21s with injury. Bad news!!
I am not sure it is an injury, more a family issue, time will reveal the truth. Just hints on the 'net.
Definitely injury on his way back to Southampton for a medical assessment!
A tweet on another site says damage to the back of his knee, no details though, you can't believe everything you read on these messages, so be cautious.
Lets hope it's minor and with rest he will be fit for Saturday!!!!!

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
9:05pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Frere skunter, Frere skunter,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines
Ding dang dong, ding dang dong

saintshorse101 says...
9:18pm Mon 4 Feb 13

hope shaw is fit and its just a precaution, ryan giggs always managed to pick up a slight injury before friendlys.

lampard, terry, A cole and a few others are all as old if not older than SRL so why should his age affect his selection? i know all of those are established internationals but if they say "if your old enough your good enough" for youngsters surely it should be the same for the older players "if your young enough your good enough".
SRL cant have thought when he signed for us that just a few years later he would be playing and scoring goals in the prem and then even having his name linked with the england squad. i hope he gets a call up just so he can add a cap to his list of achievements. come on roy, rickie wont let you down.

Strasbourg Saint says...
10:08pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Frere skunter, Frere skunter,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines
Ding dang dong, ding dang dong
Non, Rien de rien
Non, Je ne regrette rien
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
Ni le mal tout ça m'est bien égal.

C'est payé, balayé, oublié
Je me fous du passé
Avec mes souvenirs
J'ai allumé le feu
Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs
Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux.

Balayées les amours
Et tous leurs trémolos
Balayés pour toujours
Je repars à zéro

In case you're wondering, in short, it sort of says:

I don't regret a thing,
not the good things or bad things people have done to me.
I'm not sorry about anything.

It's done and forgotten,
I'm okay about the past.
With my memories,
I lit a fire,
I don't need my troubles
or pleasures any more.

Brush away my love stories
And all their trembles forever
I will start again from zero.

by Edfish Poisson

Il est prophétique, n'est-ce pas?

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
10:12pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Edith Piaf, know it well. Totally sums up the skunts, good choice.

Strasbourg Saint says...
10:26pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Edith Piaf, know it well. Totally sums up the skunts, good choice.
Well, it was either that or the politically incorrect children's one about plucking and mutilating an annoying, noisy lark.

I guess we can save that for next season when the Seagulls get promoted and - with appropriate amendments - sing it to Captain Haddock and Gordon in The Station.

RedArmy1 says...
10:26pm Mon 4 Feb 13

It was short but the honeymoon period is over for MP.

SORT THE DEFENSIVE BACK LINE OUT NOW !!

Look to bring in Jose Fonte + New Signing to strengthen the Centre.

ALL THAT IS MISSING NOW IS THE WIN - AT HOME.

RED ARMY. NUMBER ONE IN THE SOUTH.

FIGHT AND WIN.

P.S WE H8 POMPEY !!

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
10:32pm Mon 4 Feb 13

RedArmy1 wrote:
It was short but the honeymoon period is over for MP.

SORT THE DEFENSIVE BACK LINE OUT NOW !!

Look to bring in Jose Fonte + New Signing to strengthen the Centre.

ALL THAT IS MISSING NOW IS THE WIN - AT HOME.

RED ARMY. NUMBER ONE IN THE SOUTH.

FIGHT AND WIN.

P.S WE H8 POMPEY !!
Yep. Not his fault one is injured and the other not quite up to speed though.

PS We certainly do.

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
10:50pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Post of the day skuntside:

epompeyboy

What ever happened to Kevin Dillons offer of managing us for free ???


The Real Realist Returns

Apparently you couldn't afford him.

Norwegian Saint says...
10:55pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Please be fit for Saturday evening Luuuuuuuuuke!

mack chinnon says...
10:58pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
RedArmy1 wrote:
It was short but the honeymoon period is over for MP.

SORT THE DEFENSIVE BACK LINE OUT NOW !!

Look to bring in Jose Fonte + New Signing to strengthen the Centre.

ALL THAT IS MISSING NOW IS THE WIN - AT HOME.

RED ARMY. NUMBER ONE IN THE SOUTH.

FIGHT AND WIN.

P.S WE H8 POMPEY !!
Yep. Not his fault one is injured and the other not quite up to speed though.

PS We certainly do.
Skunt alert channel 4 12.15.

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
11:10pm Mon 4 Feb 13

mack chinnon wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
RedArmy1 wrote:
It was short but the honeymoon period is over for MP.

SORT THE DEFENSIVE BACK LINE OUT NOW !!

Look to bring in Jose Fonte + New Signing to strengthen the Centre.

ALL THAT IS MISSING NOW IS THE WIN - AT HOME.

RED ARMY. NUMBER ONE IN THE SOUTH.

FIGHT AND WIN.

P.S WE H8 POMPEY !!
Yep. Not his fault one is injured and the other not quite up to speed though.

PS We certainly do.
Skunt alert channel 4 12.15.
Smelly skunt.

saintshorse101 says...
11:19pm Mon 4 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
Post of the day skuntside: epompeyboy What ever happened to Kevin Dillons offer of managing us for free ??? The Real Realist Returns Apparently you couldn't afford him.
quality and poss the post of the year so far!

is it too late to wish everyone a happy new year?

More Echo Sport