Thu, 17th Apr 2014

Echo Sport

League will not accept any new bids for Pompey

6:32pm Thursday 7th February 2013

League will not accept any new bids for Pompey

The Football League has confirmed it will not consider any new bids for Portsmouth after administrators confirmed an approach from football financier Keith Harris earlier today.

In a statement issued this evening, the Football League said: "At its meeting in London earlier today, the Board of The Football League was appraised of the current situation regarding the administration of Portsmouth Football Club in light of media reports that the Administrator, PKF, is considering a new offer for the Club.

"The League had previously been informed by PKF that its preferred bid for the Club was from the Pompey Supporters Trust (PST) and all parties have been focussed on a successful transfer of share to that consortium.

"Given that The Football League's Insolvency Policy prohibits a club from beginning two consecutive seasons in administration, the Board took the view that any change of preferred bidder at such a late stage would only create further uncertainty and was not in the wider interests of The League and its member clubs.

"Therefore, The League has informed the Administrator that it will not currently consider transferring the Club's share in The Football League to a new bidder. This means that in the event that the PST bid does not succeed and Portsmouth do not exit administration before the end of the current playing season, the Club will lose its membership of The Football League."

Comments(49)

Comments(49)

SO50 Saint says...
6:39pm Thu 7 Feb 13

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It gets better and better

FalklandsForever says...
6:51pm Thu 7 Feb 13

love...That...Photo!
!! Thank You DE!!

SO50 Saint says...
6:53pm Thu 7 Feb 13

This really puts pressure on PST it's just them and they have to get it done or it's Goodnight Vienna.

costa gaz says...
6:59pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Gets funnier by the day.

SO50 Saint says...
7:03pm Thu 7 Feb 13

This means that in the event that the PST bid does not succeed and Portsmouth do not exit administration before the end of the current playing season, the Club will lose its membership of The Football League."

Some people have said August but it looks like it could be May :)

saintkenny says...
7:13pm Thu 7 Feb 13

they just said on sky.the fa as said if they dont come out of admin ,by the end of the season they will be kicked out of the football league .so they have not got long

mickey01 says...
7:28pm Thu 7 Feb 13

is that another player in the photo leaving the club?

Brusher Mills says...
7:55pm Thu 7 Feb 13

saintkenny wrote:
they just said on sky.the fa as said if they dont come out of admin ,by the end of the season they will be kicked out of the football league .so they have not got long
Its great news.

Little Hitler says...
8:00pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Hilarious, thanks for the laugh fishies (again)!

IndyJones says...
8:05pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Oh No, What am I going to do with the fiver I found this morning

fritzer says...
8:09pm Thu 7 Feb 13

I really hope Pompey get it all sorted in the time aloud, it would be a huge shame if they have to leave the Footal League, would mean no more local derby's, and all that club history gone down the drain.
To all of those Saints fans that glory in Pompey's down fall, just stop and think of all the entertainment that we have had over the years and of course the guaranteed revenue from the gates.(always a full house)
Good luck for the future Portsmouth F.C..
UP THE SAINT'S

Simmo13 says...
8:22pm Thu 7 Feb 13

It's about time this fiasco ended god almighty the administrators must be making a fortune bet they are laughing their socks off.

SaintJD says...
8:26pm Thu 7 Feb 13

This is really orville news for them.

olddellsaint says...
8:28pm Thu 7 Feb 13

fritzer wrote:
I really hope Pompey get it all sorted in the time aloud, it would be a huge shame if they have to leave the Footal League, would mean no more local derby's, and all that club history gone down the drain.
To all of those Saints fans that glory in Pompey's down fall, just stop and think of all the entertainment that we have had over the years and of course the guaranteed revenue from the gates.(always a full house)
Good luck for the future Portsmouth F.C..
UP THE SAINT'S
100% agree with you, put all the banter to one side, and everything between the two clubs, at the the end of the day we will miss having to take the mickey out of poor ol pompey again.

SaintJD says...
8:30pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Have to laugh though. A few months ago these joke administrators delayed the court date because they wanted to market the club to new buyers.

Hilariously though this crack team didn't think to ask the league's opinion first. Brilliant.

So that's a couple more months wasted and loads more weeks they can bill! These guys are awesome.

Dave Juson says...
8:57pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Keith Harris is the CEO of Seymour Pierce (“investment bankers and stockbrokers”), and is regarded in the financial press and among the football cognoscenti as something of an expert on club take overs. However, according to the Daily Telegraph website this morning (Thursday), Seymour Pierce are having financial problems. So, I would imagine that Harris is heading the proposed acquisition of Pompey for another party. I understand that is what he was doing when he countered the Markus Liebherr bid for Saints following the Pinnacle debacle in 2009.
Interestingly enough, Seymour Pierce also advised Michael Wilde and allies (‘The Magnificent Seven’) when they successfully took power at St Mary’s in 2006. If my memory serves me correctly, he is a big Manchester United fan.

apm1954 says...
9:24pm Thu 7 Feb 13

fratton tesco

Norwegian Saint says...
9:46pm Thu 7 Feb 13

heeeheee...
heeeeeeeheeeee...
harrrhaaaaaaar....
heeeheeeeee....
harrrrrrrharrrrrrrr.

...
harrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

.
haaaaaaaaaaaa....
harrrrharrrrharrrrrr

rharharhar...
AND BREATHE....
BREATHE...
Oooooooo.....
oooo...
Haaaaaaaa....
heeeheeeeee...
harrrharrr....
owwww..... sides....
harrrarrr.... hurting...
harhahahaaaa....

who the ...harrrrharr...
who the fick is...
harrrheeeheee...
who the fick is laughing now???!!!
Harrrrrheeheeeeeharr
...

Got to... haaaaa... go....
Can't... haaaaaaa...
can't sto...
haaaaaaaaahaaa...
hahaaaaaarrrrr!!!

Outside of the Box says...
9:54pm Thu 7 Feb 13

apm1954 wrote:
fratton tesco
Shatton Tesco,,,,not a chance,,,,Shatton 99p store or Poundland,,,,for that price you get,,,,the ground,,,, the so called team and the fish smelling so called bestest supporters in the world,,,,I would still expect change.....

St.Winch70 says...
10:02pm Thu 7 Feb 13

No true football fan would take pleasure from another club, any club, being wound up.
All banter aside, the supporters of PFC didn't ask that Gaydamak buy the club and the ensuing fiasco, in much the same way that we didn't ask Lowe, Wilde & co to ruin ours.
There is very real danger that PFC could shortly cease to exist, that from a football fans perspective would be a real shame.
Anti-football morons can perversely rejoice, but only real fools celebrate the mis-fortune of others.

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
10:03pm Thu 7 Feb 13

She's back! Oh I've missed her!

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
10:06pm Thu 7 Feb 13

olddellsaint wrote:
fritzer wrote:
I really hope Pompey get it all sorted in the time aloud, it would be a huge shame if they have to leave the Footal League, would mean no more local derby's, and all that club history gone down the drain.
To all of those Saints fans that glory in Pompey's down fall, just stop and think of all the entertainment that we have had over the years and of course the guaranteed revenue from the gates.(always a full house)
Good luck for the future Portsmouth F.C..
UP THE SAINT'S
100% agree with you, put all the banter to one side, and everything between the two clubs, at the the end of the day we will miss having to take the mickey out of poor ol pompey again.
Stop it! You had me there for a while!

Outside of the Box says...
10:07pm Thu 7 Feb 13

St.Winch70 wrote:
No true football fan would take pleasure from another club, any club, being wound up.
All banter aside, the supporters of PFC didn't ask that Gaydamak buy the club and the ensuing fiasco, in much the same way that we didn't ask Lowe, Wilde & co to ruin ours.
There is very real danger that PFC could shortly cease to exist, that from a football fans perspective would be a real shame.
Anti-football morons can perversely rejoice, but only real fools celebrate the mis-fortune of others.
Are you taking the pi$$,,,,no one ask for the sh1t we take from the fishy people when we were in the mire,,,,duck em,,that's what I say,,,,on they can't get ducked as Keith Harris isn't allowed to buy them

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
10:08pm Thu 7 Feb 13

St.Winch70 wrote:
No true football fan would take pleasure from another club, any club, being wound up.
All banter aside, the supporters of PFC didn't ask that Gaydamak buy the club and the ensuing fiasco, in much the same way that we didn't ask Lowe, Wilde & co to ruin ours.
There is very real danger that PFC could shortly cease to exist, that from a football fans perspective would be a real shame.
Anti-football morons can perversely rejoice, but only real fools celebrate the mis-fortune of others.
Now you too! You rascal!

I'm off to see what the skunts said about the Truss before they heard the Leagues statement. Could be brilliant!

03alpe01 says...
10:13pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Will not happen. Portsmouth FC WILL survive

St.Winch70 says...
10:19pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Outside of the Box wrote:
St.Winch70 wrote:
No true football fan would take pleasure from another club, any club, being wound up.
All banter aside, the supporters of PFC didn't ask that Gaydamak buy the club and the ensuing fiasco, in much the same way that we didn't ask Lowe, Wilde & co to ruin ours.
There is very real danger that PFC could shortly cease to exist, that from a football fans perspective would be a real shame.
Anti-football morons can perversely rejoice, but only real fools celebrate the mis-fortune of others.
Are you taking the pi$$,,,,no one ask for the sh1t we take from the fishy people when we were in the mire,,,,duck em,,that's what I say,,,,on they can't get ducked as Keith Harris isn't allowed to buy them
Did you go to school?

Beer Monster says...
11:23pm Thu 7 Feb 13

It's the true fans I feel for - those who've been going week in, week out, as I used to do at the Dell and St. Mary's. I've always maintained that PFC should be left to the flatfish at the bottom of the sea, and a pheonix club built by the honest fans installed in its place. It seems almost inevitable now.

DisplacedFan says...
11:37pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
She's back! Oh I've missed her!
Seed: She's not back. It's a he and he is on a one month contract!

saintkenny says...
11:43pm Thu 7 Feb 13

03alpe01 wrote:
Will not happen. Portsmouth FC WILL survive
to late boooooooooooooooom

Eastbourne Outpost says...
11:52pm Thu 7 Feb 13

I remember when we were in the **** and some people in East Hampshire took great joy in taking the pizz, relentlessly. Jokes about shooting ducks, rugby and toffs abounded.
Well, let me tell those "blue few" that the boot is firmly on the other foot now. That pitiful place where they congregate will be no more. "Pack the park" will refer to people filling their boots with goods in a car park. The end. No doubt they will crawl out from under their rock in some new, perverse, hybrid form. It will take many year and many leagues before they will be able to look us in the face as equals, if ever. Rejoice at their demise, they would if it were us.

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...
11:53pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Eastbourne Outpost wrote:
I remember when we were in the **** and some people in East Hampshire took great joy in taking the pizz, relentlessly. Jokes about shooting ducks, rugby and toffs abounded.
Well, let me tell those "blue few" that the boot is firmly on the other foot now. That pitiful place where they congregate will be no more. "Pack the park" will refer to people filling their boots with goods in a car park. The end. No doubt they will crawl out from under their rock in some new, perverse, hybrid form. It will take many year and many leagues before they will be able to look us in the face as equals, if ever. Rejoice at their demise, they would if it were us.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Hallelujah!

03alpe01 says...
11:56pm Thu 7 Feb 13

is it too late? Portsmouth were still in League 1 last time I checked and their court case will keep on getting adjourned until the Trust take over.

insane saint says...
11:57pm Thu 7 Feb 13

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=Rrzf5mSGL
j8&feature=youtu.be

insane saint says...
11:58pm Thu 7 Feb 13

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=rLU6WWQ3y
Uc&list=LLc6ZM3CAc0D
MGlAePnosdiQ&feature
=mh_lolz

Eastbourne Outpost says...
12:08am Fri 8 Feb 13

insane saint wrote:
http://www.youtube.c

om/watch?v=rLU6WWQ3y

Uc&list=LLc6ZM3C
Ac0D
MGlAePnosdiQ&fea
ture
=mh_lolz
They are far from safety with a 20 point deduction due. Even if they can drag themselves out of the relegation places it will need to be by at least 21 points.
I would like to challenge anyone to work out when mathematically certain relegation will happen. I recon about mid March going on current form. That would be a new record, and the final trophy they will win!

Eastbourne Outpost says...
12:08am Fri 8 Feb 13

insane saint wrote:
http://www.youtube.c

om/watch?v=rLU6WWQ3y

Uc&list=LLc6ZM3C
Ac0D
MGlAePnosdiQ&fea
ture
=mh_lolz
They are far from safety with a 20 point deduction due. Even if they can drag themselves out of the relegation places it will need to be by at least 21 points.
I would like to challenge anyone to work out when mathematically certain relegation will happen. I recon about mid March going on current form. That would be a new record, and the final trophy they will win!

marshalrob says...
7:53am Fri 8 Feb 13

http://www.timeandda
te.com/countdown/soc
cer?iso=20130427T17&
p0=300&fg2=000&msg=t
ill+pompey+die

gr8saint says...
8:16am Fri 8 Feb 13

03alpe01 wrote:
is it too late? Portsmouth were still in League 1 last time I checked and their court case will keep on getting adjourned until the Trust take over.
Not sure how you missed it, but on January 31st, the FL went on record as saying that unless the PST takeover by March at the ABSOLUTE LATEST, it would be impossible for them to exit administration by the end of this season.

If they have not exitted Administration by then, "their membership from the Football League will be withdrawn".

Therefore, the court case may keep getting adjourned until PST takeover (as you suggest), but if they haven't done so by March, then it will just be a measure to ensure that they finish this season before their ultimate demise.
Deadline for the takeover = March 2013
Deadline for Exit of Administration = End of 2012/13 FL Season.

Stroppy_gramps says...
8:17am Fri 8 Feb 13

Much as I love to wind up the skates, this really is a kick in the teeth for them

I just don't understand such a bid coming in at this late stage - there is nothing left worth buying!

I also don't understand the court adjournments - surely the administrators job was to get the club either sold or closed. This continual messing around and shifting of goalposts only ever benefitted the administrators pocket.
If the court case was a formality as the Trust wanted everyone to believe, why not get it done and dusted?

I won't weep if that club is closed down, but this has gone on far far too long now.

insane saint says...
8:42am Fri 8 Feb 13

gr8saint wrote:
03alpe01 wrote:
is it too late? Portsmouth were still in League 1 last time I checked and their court case will keep on getting adjourned until the Trust take over.
Not sure how you missed it, but on January 31st, the FL went on record as saying that unless the PST takeover by March at the ABSOLUTE LATEST, it would be impossible for them to exit administration by the end of this season.

If they have not exitted Administration by then, "their membership from the Football League will be withdrawn".

Therefore, the court case may keep getting adjourned until PST takeover (as you suggest), but if they haven't done so by March, then it will just be a measure to ensure that they finish this season before their ultimate demise.
Deadline for the takeover = March 2013
Deadline for Exit of Administration = End of 2012/13 FL Season.
i missed it also where does it say this guide me to visit the site you found this on please (need it for a vid)

Blackwaterblue says...
9:08am Fri 8 Feb 13

PFC will survive as would Saints under the same situation. All true Football Supporters are together on that one. Only the moorons on both sides don't understand that. PuP.

NORTHAM ROARS says...
9:18am Fri 8 Feb 13

This is totaly fair enough!
Keith Harris and (ORVILLE) in at 11th hour. Joke!

This bid - seriously isn't "gonna fly"


The FA/League have had enough of these jokers

NORTHAM ROARS says...
9:26am Fri 8 Feb 13

How does theclub survive day - to day?
NO facilities, no contracts bar month to month ones, People working for "love" People supppling the ground and not getting paid. Rummours of ground "saftey" issues not being addressed and that old parts of ground being unsafe and having to close parts of ground.
I suppose with gates dropping they can save on Stewards.. ( Greatest fans ever)

gr8saint says...
9:58am Fri 8 Feb 13

insane saint wrote:
gr8saint wrote:
03alpe01 wrote:
is it too late? Portsmouth were still in League 1 last time I checked and their court case will keep on getting adjourned until the Trust take over.
Not sure how you missed it, but on January 31st, the FL went on record as saying that unless the PST takeover by March at the ABSOLUTE LATEST, it would be impossible for them to exit administration by the end of this season.

If they have not exitted Administration by then, "their membership from the Football League will be withdrawn".

Therefore, the court case may keep getting adjourned until PST takeover (as you suggest), but if they haven't done so by March, then it will just be a measure to ensure that they finish this season before their ultimate demise.
Deadline for the takeover = March 2013
Deadline for Exit of Administration = End of 2012/13 FL Season.
i missed it also where does it say this guide me to visit the site you found this on please (need it for a vid)
I am a little embarrassed here, as I'm struggling to find the exact article at the moment!
As soon as I've found it, I'll update you on here.

However, in the meantime, here is a link to an article which confirms that:
"Pompey would be thrown out of the league if they are still in administration by June" - http://www.portsmout
h.co.uk/sport/pompey
/third-pompey-court-
case-adjournment-is-
frustrating-says-pst
-1-4736101

So they DEFINITELY don't have until August, only June.
I will of course send the correct link as soon as I've found it. (SORRY)

NORTHAM ROARS says...
10:09am Fri 8 Feb 13

Interesting - time is ticking away!
Pompey could be expunged.

Ref Keith Harris (and Orville) :Why now??,More delaying, tactics me thinks....If a deal is straightforward ( like Liebher) - in comes the buyer- pays the cash - takes over - simple. But the FA are ruling out this green bird with the nappy as even being CONSIDERED as an offer!

However we ALL know its not straightforward, you have people who own land, people who own the ground, £60Million of debt. No assets. No Training facilities, No Accademy, Barely keeping the club running.

It looks suspiciously like its over, the fat lady on the motability cart is nearly singing.

gr8saint says...
10:23am Fri 8 Feb 13

Bearing in mind that Chanrai has a charge (Which is similar to a mortgage) on the Ground valued between 7-12 million, even if the Court value the ground at a lower value, I'm pretty sure that Portpin/Chanrai will appeal that decision, which will delay things even further.

The £60m in debts will be wiped out at only 2% (2p in the £1), so will only be £1.2 million, so that's the least of their worries as the council are lending them £1.45 million.
The biggest expense will probably be paying the fees for PKF's services!

gladbachsaint says...
12:31pm Fri 8 Feb 13

LMFAO

Blackwaterblue says...
4:24pm Fri 8 Feb 13

Thanks to all the Saints fans taking time to comment on the re-birth of PFC. Suggest you take more time in looking at the new rules being introduced in the Prem. It'll prevent teams like Saints investing in players and actually winning something. Carry on the big clubs, you're safe. Welcome to the Circus!

saintkenny says...
7:19pm Fri 8 Feb 13

Blackwaterblue wrote:
Thanks to all the Saints fans taking time to comment on the re-birth of PFC. Suggest you take more time in looking at the new rules being introduced in the Prem. It'll prevent teams like Saints investing in players and actually winning something. Carry on the big clubs, you're safe. Welcome to the Circus!
and the reason the rules is being changed to stop corruption lijke which happened at youir club in the premier league .even with youe over wage limit you only managed 8th .average wage 60.000 a week .saints have also finished 8th in the premier league .average wage 9.000 a week .without winning we can afford to stay in the premier league .as we get on average 14 more at aech home game .the idea of the rule is to stop small clubs who get only 17.to 20.000 average .to stop them trying to match those with 14.000 more fans .getting a owner to pay .like whats happening at qpr at the moment .the only difference is ferdy is a qpr fan .so i will pay not worring about profit aslong as they stay in the premier league ,but its a gamble .if he chooses to walk away after going down .then this will be the 2nd disaster redknapp as started .iv a feeling .qpr fans are going to regret this later .now where have we seen this before ???????

More Echo Sport